Followers

Monday, 23 September 2013

And so we begin...

Seeing as this is a brand new blog that has been wonderfully pimped
by the amazing Janette at Stamping Dragon Designs,
it seemed only fitting that not only should my first blog be a card created
with one of her designs...
but...
also, that it should be something new...
something special,
something that has not been seen anywhere else before...
So...

Using a digi image that has been sitting on my computer for some time,
one that I have been itching to play with,
I began...

Firstly I got my beloved promarkers and coloured the image..
then cut it out using a craft knife so I was left with a stencil..
Picking a background paper I used the promarker through the stencil
in solid colours to create a shadow effect..
and I used sticky pads to add the image slightly off centre..
That paper was then layered onto another darker paper which I had
placed some black lace around..
This was then stuck to a homemade black card blank....
I finished it off with a mixture of black, silver and purple cord, 
some of which already had beads attached,
which I wrapped around some black feathers...
A sentiment layered onto the same papers was the last addition...

and...
Voila..



http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/bmz_cache/9/9ec9de0bb5412df9f97d11ae20a26fc3.image.550x550.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Great job Sarah i'm loving the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Sarah, Glad it gave you the push you needed :D

    And Loving the card hunni its gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab blog Sarah! huggles Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Sarah, card and blog. Go you!!!!!!

    Hugs

    Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. You must be so steady with your craft knife to get your image out so cleanly and and have an useful stencil left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the shadow effect. I would have lost fingers cutting out with a craft knife! lol

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY glad you are blogging at long last ! I love that digi , used it for a steampunk make a while back , shes awesome! fantastic card, love your colours hunnee and the feather is the perfect finishing touch. Hugs , love and a big welcome to blogland xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the digi and the colours are beautiful, the whole card is beautiful.
    I love the blog. thank you.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies you are the best....thanks so much for making this worth while, I have put it off for so long and I now have the encouragement to keep at it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayyyyyyyyy following now lol huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete