Followers

Thursday, 10 October 2013

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO???

Sorry I have been remiss and not been here for a while,
I know I promised something different
but
you will have to wait until the next blog for that....
..not as long next time...

Today is all about this weeks DT project for Stamping Dragons Designs,
the sheet we were given to use was the Hilly Cat Topper.

This is a pyramage topper and the first decision was whether to go for
the round version or the square....

It is a cat after all and cats are definitely not square!!!
First decision made....
Next decision is what colour...
I went for green and tried to match it to the cat's eyes.

Now...
what type of card, well I decided to try something I had seen
but never got around to making...

I took two A6 size cards and glued the left side of one to the right side of the other,
this leaves you with three equal panels,
the two outer panels I folded in half so the folded edges are together,
This gives a folded gatefold card.

I covered the front panels with a green paper and the inside panel with 
a metallic type green/gold.
Then I layered a slightly smaller panel of the green paper on the inside.
For the panels on the outside,
using the same metallic effect paper,
I hand embossed it with paw prints using Fiskars 'paws' texture plate and tool.
My that puts some muscle in your arms...
it was then cut into slightly smaller panels and stuck to the front of the card.

The pyramage itself I stuck to the same green paper and cut around it
leaving just a small border
and stuck it
by just one edge
to the right hand panel so it was central on the closed card.

With just a few green pearls to finish off...
the card was done...

Simple but, in my opinion, very effective....


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sarah. The embossing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sarah xxxxxxxx huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete