Followers

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

A Spring in the Step over to Hobbybook..

I am so excited, I just can't hide it !!!!

This is my first DT card for the Hobbybook Designer Challenge that you can find  HERE and only the second challenge on the blog. There is a new challenge every fortnight beginning on a Wednesday and this fortnight has the theme of SPRING...






For my card I decided to use Just for You which you can find HERE. I decided to use blues and yellows to colour her and just for fun decided to use the two colours for her hair too. I printed and coloured four identical images using promarkers and cut them out..I then decided which ones to use for which layers and cut bits off each one except the first to decoupage them up. I layered them with sticky pads, I prefer to decoupage with silicone but I was worried that it would show through the card that had been coloured. This was then mounted on a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of card with a matching blue and a subtle blue design. Finally I cut an A5 piece of acetate along the long edge to the same height of the card and scored approximately an inch in from each of the short end. The short sides were then folded at the score lines and the resulting flaps stuck under the card at each side and this was then attached to a card blank the same size...ending up with a bowed piece of acetate over the design. I found some matching flowers and stuck them under the acetate in one corner and stuck some butterflies on the acetate to look as if they were flying....voila...one pretty Spring card...
showing the acetate over the card and depth of the layers...

I hope that this shows her eyes, although I use promarkers for most of the colouring
I like to use a black sakura glaze pen for pupils and after some advice from a friend
I also used it for the eyelashes...I wish mascara worked on me so well...

Sorry about the blurriness but I was trying for a close up of the feet. I like to decoupage the shoes as well 
but I don't like them too raised or they just look too big...and so...
I either glue them straight onto the feet or, as I did with these, I use sticky dots to stick them...

The butterflies just finish the whole card off...

I hope that you have liked this card and have maybe been inspired to join us in the challenge.
Thank you for dropping by and if you would like to leave a message
it would make me smile muchly... xxx


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful job Sarah. The colours are so striking together. Thank you for being on Hobbybook's DT :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you let me join you....I am looking forward to working with your designs for a long time to come :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Fab blog Sarah!!!! looking good girl :) gorgeous cards you've made huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that acetate overlay :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for taking the time to visit and comment xxx

    ReplyDelete