Followers

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Fingers Crossed I am Back...

After too long with problems getting photos off my memory card...I am back at last. It would not have been right to blog without any photos.

Today is Designer Challenge day over at Hobbybook which you can find HEREThe theme this time is for Mum or a special lady...I used one of my favourite fairies...

I should have checked before making this card...but I didn't...and I now know that she is unavailable for a while. Still it means you get to look at this card and then have a bonus of another one (still in the making) really soon..



So here she is in all her cuteness, the backing papers are from a Pink Petticoat pad that I got as a freebie from Quick Cards and I cut the doily from matching paper too. The fairy herself was coloured with promarkers and, as per usual, her eyes are finished with sakura black glaze pen...this pen is so brilliant for making black pop and also gives a great shine when used on animal noses (well, those with black noses anyway..)


Every fairy likes a bit of bling...OTT or subtle they really don't mind...here I hope you can see the diamond on her hair decoration....ok so not a real diamond but shhhhhhh please don't tell her....an upset fairy is not something you want to see !!!


...and...of course....every fairy wants sparkling wings and so these were finished off with stickles.


Finally I will mention that I inked the edge of the papers and doily with a brown chalk ink pad, sorry I can't tell you the make but it looks the same shape as the dewdrop inks. I do hope that she manages to fly back into the shop soon but, in the mean time, keep your eyes peeled as card number 2 for the Hobbybook Designer Challenge will be appearing soon....

Love and hugs my friends xxx


4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely card Sarah and such a cute topper. I love your 'style' xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay, this fairy is so much fun to colour x

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card Sarah, love all the detail you have going on with this fabulous image, good to have your back, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you....it feels good to be back, it seems forever since I have both made things and blogged....onwards and upwards now :) xx

    ReplyDelete