Followers

Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Dads, Paper and Disappearing Buttons....

....it is coming to that time of year when we show our fathers some appreciation, unfortunately I lost my dad a while back but it doesn't stop me sending him a big kiss on this day, I miss him more than he would ever have realised...
with this in mind I was thinking of him when I made my DT card for the Hobbybook Designer Challenge...

I have used the image called 'sealed with love' as I adore this cute puppy.



Going back to my dad...when I was a child I used to walk the golden retriever next door for the couple that lived there, they had taken him in from their son when his marriage broke up...after a while they decided they were too old to cope with him and so I and my sisters started pleading with my dad for us to have him.....it is me or the dog my dad said...BUT...we got the dog Simba and if we walked it you could guarantee that my dad would hold the lead....

Back to the card...
I did a bit of digimication....I am only just beginning to play around more, digitally speaking, using docrafts Digital Designer I chose an A6 card template and then used a background with papers from Stamping Dragon Designs (Man Thing Papers) and used one of the alphabet sets from a docrafts cd I got free with a magazine (Happy Days) to spell out DAD. 
Then I printed three of the puppy images in the same size, one onto a dark tiger patterned paper, one onto the same paper but less saturated in colour and one onto the plain card.
I cut the three pups out and then cut bits from the coloured papers to stick on the plain one. I gave the pup a black sakura glaze nose and added a grey promarker to the envelope to give it a bit of depth. Then I finished him with a red heart on the envelope and stuck it to the printed card with foam pads.

Finally I added some buttons to the card to complete it....this took as long as the rest of the card...
I keep my buttons in a Roses Chocolate tin and you can guarantee that as soon as I see the button I want, I will find a second but I always do things in threes...and that third little blighter will always hide and I end up with rows of two nearly right buttons but never the third...UNTIL of course I put them back and go for gems instead and then that third button makes its own way to the top of the tin and pretends it has been there all the time.....

Still, it is now finished buttons and all and I hope you like it and will join us at Hobbybook for the Dad/Male challenge....thank you for dropping in and I would love you to join my little gang (if you aren't already).
Love and hugs, Sarah x


You can find the Hobbybook Designer Challenge  Here
and the Image 'sealed with love'  Here

2 comments: