Followers

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Christmas in July at Hobbybook

Last fortnight we were in Summer over at the Hobbybook Designer Challenge...this week we have skipped a season to Christmas, it seems strange with the good weather at the moment...
For my DT project this time I used Bird House bear digi and the papers and elements that go with it....

This was a first for me, I have always shied away from trying it as I was scared of making a mistake....I have been doing layers and backgrounds digitally for a while but for this I used the image directly onto the background. This meant that I had to colour it extra carefully (not too easy when your hands like to misbehave) but I think it works quite well. I did three layers of different bird house papers ending with a dotty one, it was easier than I thought to add the image and to colour it with promarkers...

Then it was just a case of adding a few digital embellishments...all from Bird House elements...


I used white flock on the teddy's hat....


glitter on the bird house...

and on the floor.

Anita's 3D glossy glaze on the flowers and added microbeads for the centres.


For the top border, also from the elements, I also added the glaze and finished it with small pearls. I was quite impressed how the whole border does not look as if it is really printed flat on the paper, amazing what a bit of shadow can do...


finally I made a 7"x 7" card to mount it on, this is the back of it, the front and flap were made using the same spotty paper as the top layer of the card and the back is another of the papers...

So that is it, my Summer in July which I am a wee bit pleased with....

You can find ALL the elements used in this card in the Hobbybook shopHere


2 comments:

  1. You're so clever Sarah. Loved reading how you actually made this card! I was convinced you'd cut out the border. It look as if you have!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey honey I love this and the way you've designed it to look light a light garland at the top. Another great one xxx

    ReplyDelete