Followers

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

2 or more designer papers at Hobbybook Designer Challenge

Well it is that time again...a new challenge over at the Hobbybook blog. This time it is using 2 or more designer papers, so what better than using some of the lovely papers over at Hobbybook. I decided to use Scrappy Strawberry Scraps papers and then cheated a bit and used some elements from a freebie I got from Hobbybook when I first discovered them many moons ago. What better to go with the papers than the new improved version of Strawberry Swirls (I must admit I loved the original too...).



Firstly I coloured the image using promarkers, I keep meaning to give my watercolour pencils an airing but I need all the practice I can get with the promarkers...


Earlier in the year I got myself the trolley dash from Card Making World and included in the mega bundle were some templates for card shapes, I keep forgetting I have them but I really wanted to do a stepper card and the template saves all the bother of measuring etc. I printed it with two of the papers from the set, a plain cream and a spotty one. I used the same spotty one and one with strawberries on to make a topper.


The final touches were some strawberries from the freebie sheet, my original idea was to use my new decoupage glaze I had treated myself to. Plan B came into effect when I realised I had no idea what safe place I had put it in....so they were glittered with stickles instead...


So there we go, the sweet smell of strawberries can almost be sniffed in the air and Strawberry Swirls is in her element. 
I hope you like it and will join in over at the Hobbybook Designer Challenge Blog....

ps....watch out for something new and exciting coming to Hobbybook fans really soon... xx

You will find the papers and images HERE
and
the Hobbybook Designer Challenge Blog is HERE


Love and hugs and thank you for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment