Followers

Thursday, 21 August 2014

Whoopsi Daisy number 2

I am so enjoying colouring these cuties I decided to show another. It is another Whoopsi Daisy image and gave me as much fun to colour and embellish as only a fairy can...


I still haven't torn myself away from my promarkers and having had my colour palette increased by the generosity of a special friend, I am being able to experiment more and more with combinations.

Having done the colouring, I then cut the image with a die cut and used the same shape for a matting layer...for this I used some textured paper with amazing brown colours (I was feeling a bit Autumnal) that I have had for years, loving it but never using it.

Then it was embellishment time...let's start from the top...  


...firstly a few pearls for the flowers in her hair.


Then some Diamond Stickles for her wings.


I used some skeleton leaves that I also stickled...realising that the nature of 'skeleton' leaves means that glue goes straight through them. So I started holding them and waving them about hoping they would dry quicker...they didn't !!! So then I placed them on acetate and kept lifting and moving them to stop them sticking too much...

Whilst writing this...I have just realised that sticking them in a bit of oasis would have made much more sense.... derrrrrrrr.


Finally, before mounting it all on a card blank covered with an Autumnal green paper...I made my very first flowers with a die.  This is my one and only flower die and is a Marianne Collectible design, I used green vellum and after shaping and putting together I added a pearl to the centres and stuck them in the corner with the leaves....

I hope you like seeing this as much as I liked making it.

Love and hugs and thank you for visiting...

ps....you can find this and loads of equally gorgeous cuties HERE



1 comment:

  1. She is such a cute fairy. Loving the pearl accents in her hair and the sparkly touches on her wings.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete