Followers

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Embossed Cards at Hobbybook

Hello again and happy Wednesday, it is challenge day again over at the Hobbybook Designer Challenge and the theme for this fortnight is embossing.
Dry or heat embossing it really does not matter.

I decided to use one of the newer designs that I hadn't played with yet 'Chocolate'...


Firstly I would like to point out that this does actually look much better in the flesh, I just couldn't get a good photo and the black material I photograph on had wrinkled in the wrong places without me realising...

OK...where shall we start...as per usual the image was coloured in promarkers before cutting out, I will master black hair one of these days...


I then tried something a bit different for me....I used a clear embossing pen and clear embossing powder to heat emboss the cup and (as an experiment) her eyes...


It is hard to show it properly in a photo but I hope this gives you some idea.

Then it was time to work on the background...first I used a darice embossing folder on some printed card..


Then, using a mug themed backing paper download from Free Craft Downloads, I cut an aperture which I edged with blue glitter. When dry I used foam pads to layer it onto a card base over the blue embossing and added the image to sit on the edge.

Finally, I added some square oojits (I have no idea what they are called but came joined into a sheet of sorts) and finally a bow to finish things off...

So, here she is again... 'Chocolate'..


You can get the image from the Hobbybook Shop HERE

The challenge can be found on the Hobbybook Designer Challenge HERE

Could I also please invite you to the Hobbybook Chat and Craft group on facebook.....I am not saying anything but there might...just might...be an extra freebie image over there at the moment ;)
You can find us HERE It is a new group but great for inspiration, offers and of course some crafty chat xxx

We would really love you to join in the challenge with us.

Thank you to everyone who has dropped by to visit, love and hugs xxx




2 comments:

  1. I really like your card Sarah! I think you have done a great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it means alot...I love this image :) xx

      Delete