Followers

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Swing high with another Whoopsi Daisy

Hello my friends, I hope you are going to be gentle with me today,
I have taken a brave step or two, 
enjoyed the experience,
BUT
definitely need more practice....

Firstly let me show you the card using a lovely Linnie Pink image from Whoopsi Daisy...


Hopefully you will notice straight off that this is NOT coloured with promarkers, it is actually the second step out of my marker comfort zone (the first being the inside that I will get to in a while). Having started out with watercolour pencils, with this image I actually got brush and paint out to use proper watercolours...


Unfortunately it was a decision after printing out the image for promarkers and the perfect card for promarkers is definitely not the best card for paint.
I used a pearlescent watercolour set on the leaves and the little bird who tried to hide from my old eyes...


So that was the front image....now for the inside...which I did actually colour first, this time with watercolour pencils. I decided to do something a bit different and create a shadow box effect (I think that is what they are called)...


I cut around the coloured image...I would normally fussy cut the inner bits too but my hands were having one of their disobedient days and so I thought it was safer to leave it...


This I suspended in the aperture with a bit of acetate, I actually used a small strip from the packaging for some cards. I made the card blank and the inner shadow box using the Autumn paper set from Hobbybook.

An angle to show the layers of the card...

.... and the spine of the card, I gave it this so that it would close easier and the inside would be more of a surprise...


I then finished the front with a couple of die cut swirls and some Lillibet roses....and here it is again, the finished card... 


You can get the papers HERE
and the image HERE

and....if I can work out how...I will be entering it in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge-Colours of Autumn... HERE

Thank you for stopping by, please say hi so I know you have been...love and hugs xx


5 comments:

  1. Well done working out the link lolxxx loving your shadow box effect....stunning use of the little dig
    Luv

    Linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, your card is fab, great effects and well done on joining in the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Good Luck Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is just so pretty and feminine. Love the flourishes and the interesting fold. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a little time to put your feet up and relax.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy

    ReplyDelete