Followers

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Whoopsi Daisy Christmas...

I really wasn't sure about blogging this one,
I adore the image,
Love the concept,
just not sure about how I put it together...
still two out of three aint bad 
(hmmmm...that would make a good song title..)


I used sheet 608 from Whoopsi Daisy which you can find HERE and coloured it in using promarkers before cutting it out (thanks to having a bad day with eyes and hands...she did get a bit of a haircut. Sorry Linnie).



I then prepared the background...


 Using DoCraft Digital Designer I firstly chose a snow scene that I had on another card making cd and layered a 'Made by Marie' Christmas window dressing from cUp on top, then I mounted the whole lot onto a backing paper..

Now the fun part...

I love playing with acetate and for this I cut a piece the same height as the card but a bit wider to allow for a couple of folds at the edges and to make it bow at the centre...

I fixed the acetate behind either side of the background and then fixed the whole thing onto a card blank covered with black card. Then I fixed the image on the outside of the acetate, a die cut poinsettia by the window on the inside ( using foam pads for depth) and then a die cut wreath to the outside with a peel off sentiment. I do hope you like the finished effect.

Thank you for visiting...hugs, Sarah xx




3 comments:

  1. `You have done a great job the image is lovely,the background is great
    and using the acetate to give the whole thing dimension is very clever of you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding, Sarah, I have been playing with that image, this week, and trying to do a window scene, but it was rubbish for me, LOL...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete