Followers

Friday, 2 January 2015

Dragons Lair Designs Challenge....New Beginnings

So here we are...2015 has knocked on the door and 2014 has gone running out of the back...I start each year with so many good intentions, maybe this year will give me enough breathing space to put them into action.

Each year is a new beginning, a new book waiting to be written and so it was only appropriate that the new challenge over at the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge BLOG is New Beginnings...

For my DT piece I decided to do a New Home card and combined Fairy House Background Scene and the brand new, ooober gorgeous design collection Cinnamon Spice...


I am afraid it is only  the one photo today, I just could not get enough light to take more photos and this one was not good enough to crop sections...but...I can still tell you what I did.

Firstly I coloured the digital stamp with promarkers and made a sold sign which I added with foam pads. I used a mat from the Cinnamon Spice collection to cover a 6x6" card blank and then cut out one of the frames with the leaves and berries...I used 3D gloss glaze on the house door and also the berries and bow from the frame. The frame I backed with acetate to support the berries and I added the image and that to the card blank. Finally I did several of one of the bows from the collection and decoupaged that up to give some volume..

There we have it...a New Home card....

There are more pieces of inspiration over on the Challenge blog and you would be very welcome if you fancied a visit....and the other DTs would love a visit too....

So let me just say... 

HAPPY NEW YEAR and may it bring all that you dream of...

No comments:

Post a Comment