Followers

Monday, 2 March 2015

Crafting Musketeers....Ribbons and Pearls with Crafty Ribbons

And so begins another month
which means
another challenge...

The challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Blog this month is 'Ribbons and Pearls' and it is really kindly being sponsored by  Crafty Ribbons

With a selection of ribbons supplied by Crafty Ribbons I had to decide which to use and what with and how to use them...well, pearls always suggest vintage to me and some of my favourite vintage images are some ladies by Dragons Lair Designs so I chose one of those and some papers also from DLD...

I coloured and then cut around the lady using complimentary promarker colours to the chosen papers, I cut a lacy doiley shape from one paper a slightly smaller fancy edged shape from another paper and then layered them onto a third paper...



Then it was a decision about which ribbon and what to do with it...I liked two with black polka dots on but one seemed a bit light and the other a bit dark...pens are so much easier to blend...blend...let's try and blend ribbon. As children we used to make tiny twisted decorations using kitchen foil strips, I thought I could try it with ribbon. Using a strip of each colour I started with holding them together at right angles and then keeping the angle the same I concertinered them...shaped them into a circle and tied an extra bit of ribbon at the bottom...and then stuck the lady onto the ribbon 'wreath'...

The finishing touches were a rhinestone on her ring, small pearl around her neck and around the inner shape of the papers and larger pearls in the corners of the card....


I do hope you have liked this card and will go and see what all the other DTs have done over at the Crafting Musketeers Blog and join in with your own ribbons and pearls.

Thank you for dropping by, I do appreciate it. Love and hugs Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment